As a volunteer, you’ll introduce girls to new experiences that show them they’re capable of more than they ever imagined. You’ll be their cheerleader, guide, and mentor, helping them develop skills and confidence that will last long after the meeting is over. Imagine the smiles, the excitement, the memories made–those are the moments you’ll share at Girl Scouts. Be the role model she’ll always remember.
Becoming a volunteer – step by step
Thank you for your interest in Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida! What can you do to make a positive contribution in the lives of girls that still fits into your busy life? Become a Girl Scout Volunteer! Girl Scouts exist for girls, but it exists because of volunteers. By giving your time and sharing your skills with our girls, you can make it possible for them to become girls of courage, confidence and character.
There are now several flexible ways for adults like you to get involved by simply matching your expertise, skills, interests, and life experience to the volunteer opportunities available at our Council. Please take a moment to view our Volunteer Position Descriptions and see what might be right for you.
The following steps must be completed by each adult before being appointed to a Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida volunteer position:
- Register as an Adult Girl Scout: register online here.
- Complete and submit an Online Volunteer Application Form (updated September 2015)
- Complete Girl Scouting 101, access this online training module here: Password:aboutGS101.
- Attend Volunteer Essentials Training within 60 days of appointment: click here to learn more about our Council’s training for volunteers and to register online for this training.
- Attend Troop Essentials Grade Level Training (for Troop pathway volunteers) within 60 days of appointment: click here to learn more about our Council’s training for volunteers and to register online for this training.
If you have more questions, please email the Volunteerism department at email@example.com.
Volunteer Position Descriptions
Council Volunteer Position Descriptions (updated August 2015)
Gold Award Advisor
Adult Recognition Committee
Adult Recognition Committee Chair
Adult Learning Facilitator
Council Delegate and Alternative Delegate
Troop Volunteer Position Descriptions (updated August 2015)
Service Unit Volunteer Position Descriptions (updated August 2015)
Service Unit Treasurer
Service Unit Volunteer Program Manager
Service Unit Registrar
Service Unit Recruiter
Adult Recognition Coordinator
Service Unit Volunteer Manager
Assistant Service Unit Volunteer Manager
Service Unit Cookie Sale Manager
Service Unit Fall Product Sales Manager